How Your Support Helps
Here’s how you can create Superhero magic:
- Raise $50 and fund an hour’s hydrotherapy in our hot spa. Relaxation and exercise for kids with little or no movement.
- Raise $100 and you could keep ice cream in our freezer for a month! That means everyone can have an ice cream after dinner - just like at home.
- Raise $150 and you could send a family to the zoo for the day. You’ll be creating happy lifetime memories.
- Raise $200 to provide a pamper package for our mums so they feel rejuvenated and ready to face the world.
- Raise $200 and you could pay for production of a fingerprint/footprint cast sculpture that parents can keep forever.
- Raise $500 and you could pay for a sling so children can be lifted out of bed with ease.
- Raise $1,000 to support the professional development of our clinical staff.
- Raise $5,000 - this could pay our electricity bill for a month.
- Raise $10,000 - which could shout a family respite at Bear Cottage for a week.
- Raise $20,000 to support our Housekeepers who ensure that Bear Cottage is always a sparkling and relaxing home away from home.
We use Superhero donated funds to supply services and programs such as:
- Respite and Therapy provided by our social worker and family support team provides assistance and coping strategies to families.
- Child Life Therapy offers play, music and art therapy as a fun and creative outlet for children and families.
- Camps for children with life-limiting illness and their families provide opportunity to connect with other families and children with similar medical conditions.
- Footprints in the Sand, our bereavement support program is available to our families for as long as they need.
So get your cape on and become a Bear Cottage Superhero!
Progress so far